Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sleepy Talk

So Malcolm has been waking up in the night with "growing pains". He wakes me from a delicious sleep and I have to get out of my warm bed get him situated with blankets and a little rock-a-bye and then he is back in bed. Well last night it was totally worth the annoyance of being woken up because when I crawled back in bed Dave says to me in a sleepy whisper "The respiratory kid has a blocked nerve." I had a good laugh to myself. All Dave could respond with was "shhh". I love it when he talks in his sleep. It cracks me up!

Okay, so here's another one. We have been getting things furnished as of late. We picked out the wildest rug on the planet - full of life and rich colors: orange, greens, blues, yellow, and a deep purple. We also warmed up our windows with some orange wool blanket curtains. After we hung up the curtains, Dave zonked out on the couch - all the work and Thanksgiving festivities catching up to him. I let him sleep there for a bit while I straightened things up. When I kissed him on the cheek to gently wake him up he said "It's getting orange in here." For anyone who knows me and knows Dave, this is very funny.
I love hearing sleepy talk, so if any comes to mind, do share.

7 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Sue said...

Oh I love it too.. And Ladd always gets me laughing. Last night he said, "But you fell off the bed." He doesn't remember a thing. The best part is when he's having a funny dream and starts laughing his head off.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

There's always Annie's childhood sleep-talking: "Where are you? What are you eating?" (sorry Annie)

Those are great sleepy talk stories. And cute house!

11:25 PM  
Blogger jksfam said...

When I was a freshman in college, my roommate told me that I sat up in my bed and was speaking French one night. I've never learned any French, so I'm sure it was interesting! I always have crazy dreams, so if I say anything during them, it could probably raise some eyebrows...

9:38 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Nice rug! Everything looks so comfy, cozy. Tell me more about the drapes.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Jen I said...

So funny. I get so much medical talk from Ryan in his sleep too! I don't like it as much as other subjects because I can't participate as well to keep his jabber going. But when it's something about "jammies" or something I can follow - I can keep him going for a good few sentences. Good entertainment.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah Palfreyman said...

this room is looking amazing..yeah, what made you change the drapes?

4:56 PM  
Blogger sarah manville gann said...

Heard on the monitor, from Ellie, almost the minute she wakes up from nap:

"That's Helen's head. That's Emma's ear." (imagine her pointing out sisters' body parts)

From Helen: "MMMMMMPH."

(as in, please shut up, I'm still sleeping!)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home