Monday, November 19, 2007

back from a break

So how did you like my unannounced blogging break? Well, I'm back. Malcolm and I took a trip to Utah to visit family. Dave stayed, and when he wasn't at the hospital, he was sanding our floors (bless his heart).

We hoped they could be refinished in the time we were away, but alas, these things seem to take longer than our idea of them. So, with friends coming to stay for Thanksgiving, we rolled out some plastic, taped it down, and called it good enough for now. We moved the furniture back in and I can start to imagine Thanksgiving here (it was hard to think about when the oven wasn't even hooked up).

Taking this picture I was thinking "Thanksgiving = less than a week? HA!"
Well my list of things to do seems to be growing longer by the second. But I don't want to leave until I give everyone who reads this little blog a heads up about my Aunt Paula's new Pengle Pots and Such etsy shop.

She is the artist behind these beautiful pots. If your lucky, you will be able to make them apart of your holiday gifting (or receiving).

This beautiful set of bowls has already been snatched up. So check it out - pengle.etsy.com. I have been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of Paula's beautiful pottery on more than one occasion. My bowls, my scrubby pot, my vases, my square dish - I cherish them all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen I said...

Ah, what the heck. We can always go to Boston Market or chuck-a-rama or something if we have to on T-day!! At least we all get to be together!

1:36 PM  
Blogger KayStar said...

Hope ya have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Looks like your house is moving along! Love ya Sarah Starr!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Robison Fam. said...

Glad to see you back. I am sure Thanksgiving will be wonderful... You are great at all that kind of stuff. Are you going to utah for Christmas? It would be fun to have a Madison 6 reunion if you are?

5:44 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I'm glad your aunt has a place to sell her work. I love her zen vase. Good luck on your floor and Thanksgiving. I'm making our apple pie again (with gingersnap, crumb topping). Maybe it'll be a tradition.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hey, I directed my mom to your aunt's scrubby pots and she was pretty excited. She bought a couple. Yeah!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home