Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm back from a little break. Breaks have seemed to happen often around here. Please excuse me for taking them unannounced. Sometimes I need to do a little regrouping before I can do any outputting. Dave's is the best at "regrouping" in our home and I am learning a thing or two from him. He can't fix dinner if there are dishes on the counter and in the sink. He always takes th 5 or 10 minutes it takes to regroup before making another creation (mess). Me? Well, if it has got to go in the oven NOW, I'll just scootch the mess over and pile higher until I have a portion of workspace as I continue to add to the mountain. This is just one example that can be applied to so much of the business of the day. It is so much easier, and dare I say funner, to make a creation=mess rather than clean one up. In order to create order you must create some amount of disorder. That's entropy for you. That's just the way of things. That said, I think it's a worthy goal to strive for a "regrouping" habit, and so I will continue to try. Funny though, because as I type, I see dishes from lunch we ate and the cupcakes I made. All this to say that I'm back at the blog.

Here's a few highlights since I last posted.
* I gave Malcolm (18 mo.) his first haircut - I should really say trim. He doesn't have much hair to start with, it's just over his ears that hair shoots out a little faster than the rest. While he was in the bathtub he got a little snippy snip and that was that. Nothing picture worthy, it all happened so fast. I did think to save it in a little bag. A small token of my baby turning into a boy.


*My sister Amy came for a quick visit from Boston. We had a really good time. Malcolm was enchanted by his Aunt Amy.


*Malcolm was earning his keep. Actually, with his snow boots on he hardly moved from where he was planted.

9 Comments:

Blogger jksfam said...

We have the same little red shovel.

8:56 PM  
Blogger KayStar said...

SO CUTE! such a good worker, just a few more years and he will be doing it all by himself.. :-( time flys too fast

9:00 PM  
Blogger Jen I said...

Is that your sister in the picture with Malcom? Man you guys look a lot alike! Glad you're back!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Ammieloris said...

How cute! I like the snow shoveling picture! I enjoyed your post and your thoughts on regrouping. I am a great creator, but a horrible regrouper. Come to think of it, neither Jonathan nor I are good regroupers! When I visit my very clean brother and sister-in-law, I remind myself that although their home is a haven, there is something to be said for project-people like us. :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jenilee said...

Sometimes those of us that maybe "regroup" too often tend to miss out on some of the fun, special moments that just happen when spending time together. Sara you have always been an amazing example of enjoying the moment you are in. Thank you for that. Sometimes the dishes or laundry etc., can just wait.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Chadlee said...

What a cute picture of Malcolm with the shovel. He looks so grown up. I can't believe you didn't have to cut his hair until now. We have to trim Stella's once a month. I guess because it's so straight. We have to do it when she's asleep because she's afraid of the scissors and squirms so much.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I'm the regrouper in our family, and my husband is the scootcher. In almost every other way, I should be more like him, but in that one way, I wish he'd pick up a little something from me.

I love your blog. It's my fave.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Hatsuho said...

I miss seeing you around, but I am glad you have had some fun breaks :) Your sister is cute!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Natalie Sue said...

It's so fun to see pitures and hear how everything is going. By the way, thanks for your cute Christmas card and note. You're the best. Your darling photo is hanging on our wall by all of our friends!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home