Tuesday, January 08, 2008

buckeyes


I will be the 1st to admit. Sometimes I get a little excited. Which sometimes leads to getting ahead of myself. And then I crash - most often on the couch. Yesterday for example, I was off to such a kick'n start. You know, you heard me brag all about it. Well as it turns out, Malcolm woke early from his nap - cranked. We got home late from all the grocery shopping (Costco AND Dave's Market - I hadn't been shopping for awhile). It was time to eat and I was tired hungry. Luckily the pork was cooked, but it did NOT turn out like I was hoping. (Actually, I should be the one asking you for your BBQ recipe Jen.) We ate it, put Malcolm to bed, and started making buckeyes with the game in the background (Dave brought down our little TV and put it in the kitchen). That's when it hit me - complete exhaustion. I was able to make it as far as rolling out the peanut butter candy and dipping a few, but then Dave had to completely take over the rest of the buckeye dipping. That's when I crashed on the couch. Eventually I made it to my bed and Dave cleaned up the kitchen. This morning I found he left me this.

Good idea, Dave.
Oh, and they lost, so much for sending them *luck*.

*NOTE TO SELF* Buckeyes alone do not make a good lunch.

7 Comments:

Blogger KayStar said...

you are so cute sarah! good idea with the cookies,

1:55 PM  
Blogger Robison Fam. said...

Definitely been there.. good ideas often turn out a little different with kids in the mix... they look scrumptious! too bad about the Buckeyes!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jenilee said...

Plans often get changed because of a short nap or something else involving kids. I guess all we can do is our best. The cookies look quite yummy. Well done!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Natalie Sue said...

Mmm.. those cookies look yummy. All in the day of a mom. I'm still VERY impressed. You do so many fun things!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

I didn't know other people knew about buckeyes - they are yummers.
You know,I never knew why they were called buckeyes, as my grandma makes them completely covered in chocolate. I just shrugged and ate. But now it all makes sense. You're supposed to leave a portion UNDIPPED. A-ha!

11:53 PM  
Blogger sarah manville gann said...

Oh ho ho. You cannot grow up in the long shadow of The Ohio State University and not experience the culinary and cultural delight that is the buckeye. And Sarah's were, (for a first timer-non Ohioan-football ingenue) picture perfect.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Okay, you totally have to show me how to make those! (Living in Buckeye country it's better to be safe then sorry!);)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home