Monday, July 16, 2007

1st Day

July 1st was not only Malcolm's 1st birthday, it was also Dave's 1st day of residency. Here he is just before heading off to his first day of work.

Doesn't this picture remind you of your classic 1st day of school picture - all bright and excited, not knowing what's in store?
Well, we are starting the 3rd week of it all and as Dave says, "I'm hanging in there." The 80 hour work week sure is something! And to think that it is so much better than it used to be. Dave is tired, but we are adjusting. Last night we all went to bed early. Dave got 8 hours of sleep! That is happy. I hope it serves him well this week. The thing about starting out at a new hospital is that even the smallest of tasks takes double the time. "Where is the OR???" So now that he knows his way around a little better hopefully things can move a little more efficiently. Good luck Dave.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen I said...

I know - it totally cracks me up when Ryan gets paged and I hear him call back and say "This is Dr. Isom..." It still seems like a joke to me! And then I think they look so cute all dressed up like doctors. Except they really are doctors! I feel for you guys though. Ryan is tired too and I think he gets a lot more sleep than Dave!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Amy Jane said...

hey wait, don't you have to be past your intern year to wear the long coat? :) You look so smart!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home